Pages

Tuesday 14 July 2009

Random thought on the Google Chrome OS

I just had a random thought on Google's Chrome OS announcement, in particular the paragraph on the simple architecture which they are planning on using:
"The software architecture is simple — Google Chrome running within a new windowing system on top of a Linux kernel"

Now if that is the case, where the hell is the Linux Chrome browser launch! I mean they are planning on releasing a full blown Linux based OS running the Chrome browser and we have yet to see an easy to install version of the browser for Linux based distros?

If I am wrong and there is a way to get Chrome working on a Linux distro (preferreably a 64bit version, as this is the way of the future right?) then please let me know where I can get my hands on it.

UPDATE:

Might have to take some of that back... I have just found and installed Chromium for Linux via this Fedora repo - http://spot.fedorapeople.org/chromium/
Also thanks to @jdub for the link to the Ubuntu PPA launchpad site for the Ubuntu nightly builds - https://launchpad.net/~chromium-daily/+archive/ppa
So now I am running Chromium on Linux under Fedora at the moment and will be installing it later tonight/tomorrow under Jaunty too :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment